Winthrop Middle School's Talking Wall

Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Journey"
We did come to the conclusion that we needed a title, Journey. The word allows the viewer to bring their own idea of a "journey" to the mural.
This process over the last year has been a journey. I think of the wall and how it look last September. The mural has transformed the cafeteria, its now a space where the movement of color and shape reflect the energy of the middle school student. The rhythm of the composition gives the space a constant feeling of being alive with student life and laughter.
I would like to thank all those who have been involved in this project over the last year. It truly has been a "journey" for the love of art. It has been a journey of faith, many kids said "I think its dumb." Then the mural was transformed by the Winthrop graduates taking the middle school students ideas and creating a mural that is as one student put it, "the coolest thing I have ever seen and I am really proud to have been a part of this." I am proud too! Thanks to all the Winthrop middle school students! You really are a part of the middle school forever!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home