Winthrop Middle School's Talking Wall

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The mural project has been very interesting. It was really amazing to see the mural change after each grade level painted. The dynamics of each group are represented, from the color to the movement of shapes and space. After going home I kept thinking about the mural and how some individuals and groups made the painting take on new levels of interpretation. This process really pushed me, as an art teacher and artist, out of my comfort zone. What I really have enjoyed is how there is now a daily morning conversation about the mural. Kids show where they painted, what color they used and discuss how the mural changed from the beginning of the process. I can not wait to see the where this takes us and how the journey of making art constantly changes and challenges all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home