Winthrop Middle School's Talking Wall

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

PART 2
"If you were to title the mural today what would it be?" Some more thoughts from the 8th grade. If you respond to this blog please refer to the number of the quote in your response. If you wrote it, let us know!


16) "The Friendship Wall"
I see squiggles and smiles and friendship. We talked about how it was going to look strange when it was done.

17) "Chaos"
This wall is crazy and colorful
The oddness speaks for itself
Unique scibbles of paint make you wonder
Which way is up or down
The colors speak to me
as if the wall was talking

18) "The Wall of Creativity and Individuality"

19) It's ugly and very tacky.

20) I think it looks. . .
ugly
a big mess
colorful
sickness
my messy room (very messy)
wordful
elemental
baby-art
stupid
odd
swirly
calm, yet confusing

21) Strange.

22) "Mural in the Middle"
Colors swirled and twisted upon the wall,
it was made by one and all,
Abstract shapes are made with brushes,
Everyones excited and rushes,
Movement and life is what its made of,
From us to generations to come
Made with love, and fun
Upon the wall is a mural
At the Winthrop Middle School

23) "Our Mural"
I see a mix of colors that have progressed from the first day. We painted a mess because our lives can be messy.

24) "Young Minds"
I think it shows what middle school is about. It reminds me about the hope we have for kids here, I think it brightens up the lunch room. It makes lunch enjoyable. This shows what goes on with a middle schoolers mind. Some colors are dark, some are bright and cheery. Some are flat. Some are swirly. I love what we have done its awesome.

25) "Messy Work"
The mural reminds me of a 5 year old scribbling on the wall with a crayon, then getting in trouble. Then after his hand gets slapped, he goes to the paint drawer and throws paint around, and does the same thing with marker.

26) "Life"
1. Crazy, sometimes confused, messed up.
2. Twisted, tangled, original and fun.
3. Colors swirled and twisted upon the wall, it was made by one and all.

27) "Skittles"
This mural reminds me of a bag of skittles that got put through a blender. I did that once. It was fun. And loud. And sticky. We had to get a new blender. Whoever thought to put chrome on a blender, you rock.

28) "Interwinding Rainbow"
I see colors everywhere coming together to make an almond rainbow.

29) "The Wall"
I see various colors and blends. I painted with out feeling rushed. I see me. I see you. I see the world.

30) When I look, I see an abstract mixture of color and the mixtures of color creates different feelings. A picture of still perfection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home